November 25, 2014

Fly afar from the flock

November 3, 2014

Escape the Murder

The crows, cloaked in night
with watchful beady eyes
cry out like wanderers
foes in disguise

A murder, throng of beating feathers
patrols through the midnight sky
they flock, they cackle
observed by the glowing crescent of the night

He hastens among them
a blur of sleek black
but his glassy eyes house wariness
Fly afar from the flock

Luminescence rides upon the churning clouds
shadows dance upon the ground
the rustle of feathers
like malevolent whispers
Fly afar from the flock.

I've discovered that I am rather fond of poetry. The way the words lace together and flow so beautifully - it is simply magical. 
I couldn't muster up the perfect story idea for NaNoWriMo this month, so I've decided to take it slow and search for one among my poems.

11 comments:

  1. That's beautiful. Your poetry is amazing. I wish I could write poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! I never thought that I could write poetry either, but it turned out to be rather simple and fun. You should give it a try!

      Delete
  2. your words paint a beautiful, wild picture in my mind. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so wonderful to hear, Sarah! Thank you.

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful! One of the best poems I've ever read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Eve! You are such a dear. Thank you, truly.

      Delete
  4. I love your how you use your language. Not just in the poem, but just your writing-style is really neat!
    Feel free to drop by qskol.blogspot.com - the translator probably doesn't fit your standards, but I guess you'll get the idea (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, you are incredibly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Well thought out. I am very impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I wish I had the time and dedication to participate in NaNoWriMo. My favourite poem is Porphyria's Lover by Robert Frost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazingly written! You should publish poetry more often :)
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear here if it is approved. Thanks!