January 24, 2015

Lately // volume 5

Listening to - The Moonrise Kingdom soundtrack (sighhh), "Helplessness Blues" by Fleet Foxes, "Everything I Saw" by The Weather Station, "Flume" by Bon Iver, and "Never Going Back Again" by Fleetwood Mac

Enjoying - Rehearsals for another play! I haven't been in a play since last year so it is great to be back. I am currently rehearsing for "Once Upon a Mattress" (the Broadway musical) with my little brother. Musicals are by far my favorite even though the songs are constantly stuck in my head.


Reading - (or rather just finished reading) "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. I had to read it for school and wasn't looking forward to it at all, but I was surprised by how much I ended up enjoying it. Classic novels of childhood and growing up tend to enthrall me - by the end of the book I feel like I grew up with the characters. 


I hope that you all are doing well! What have you been up to?

p.s. Thank you to everyone who took my survey! Every response was so helpful - I plan on sharing the results soon.





20 comments:

  1. Ooh, I loved this post! I'm reading to Kill A Mockingbird for school too; I'm really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is your blog so popular

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! music recommendations. love them. currently jamming out to Helplessness Blues and i have the other tabs open and ready to play. i'll save the nice seven part one for background painting music or something. please don't stop doing these, i love to discover new music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same about To Kill a Mockingbird, as I prefer teenage-romance books. However, my dad was the one who said for me to read it, so I thought I had better give it a try. I really enjoyed it, it has been a re-read! Hope the rehearsals go well! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I loved To Kill A Mocking Bird when we read it for school last year. I cried so hard at the end. There's a reason it's a classic. (: ♥

    Totally going to look up those songs. I love new music!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Kill a Mockingbird is such a gorgeous novel. If you want to read other thought provoking classics try out 1984 by George Orwell :)
    Also, how have I not thought to look up the Moonrise Kingdom soundtrack? I love that movie!
    x Erin

    The Halfway Point

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck for the musical, I love musicals as well and the fact that you're rehearsing for one is so amazing! I love To Kill A Mocking Bird, the classics just never die.

    SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE ALICE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To kill a mocking bird is one of my very favourite books :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked To Kill A Mockingbird, which I also had to read this year for school. I was also shocked at how much I actually enjoyed it. Their childhood was really fun to read about!
    Your blog is so lovely, I absolutely adore it!
    -Lauren <3
    lovingourcreator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're reading To Kill A Mockingbird also, we'll see how it goes! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all! My blog email can be found on my about page.

      Delete
  12. Wow! i love that picture:)
    https://www.blogger.com
    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is quite a lovely picture!
    My family has been snowed in the past couple of days, so i have filled my time with writing, school, and watching the musical 'Newsies'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh I loved "To Kill a Mockingbird!" Did you hear Harper Lee is coming out with a sequel this summer, after almost 60 years of the original publication? I can't wait!

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I did hear! I am really looking forward to reading it.

      Delete
  15. Rachelle, I adoreeee your blog! The content, photography, the design, everything! I very recently started my own and hope it looks as good as yours someday :)
    P.S. To Kill A Mockingbird <3

    Minna xx

    www.minnabansal.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear here if it is approved. Thanks!