September 20, 2015

Lately

 photo lately_zps5gffco2a.jpg
Listening to - 
"First Day Of My Life" • by Bright Eyes
"Cosmic Love" • by Florence + The Machine
"Leaves In The River" • by Sea Wolf
"White Daisy Passing" • by Rock Votolato

Enjoying - the sweet knowledge that Autumn is settling in soon! I have a stock of candles, socks, notebooks, and books all ready to welcome my favorite season.


Reading - Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. There is so much wisdom packed into such a small book that I find myself re-reading each paragraph and frantically repeating quotes from it. I love the way that C.S. Lewis presents Christianity in a logical and beautiful way -- it is a phenomenal read!



Loving - Scottish dancing! I recently began rehearsals for a 1940s Scottish Broadway musical, "Brigadoon", and it is already such great fun. There is a lot of dancing and a lot of singing and I'm loving every bit of it! My mom and I are helping with costumes again and I can hardly wait for it all to come together.



Summer somehow slipped through my fingers, but I look forward to the next few months as we head into the holidays. My little brother and I are already planning our Halloween costumes (we're thinking of being Sophie and Markl from Howl's Moving Castle) and I am seeing how long I can resist Christmas music for. ;) Also, I am working on loads of new holiday designs for my etsy shop, so be sure to stick around!



How are all of you doing? I'd love to hear.

Have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

  1. That is so cute that you and your brother coordinate for Halloween!
    Your pictures and that music and this post- so perfect! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jordy! Yes, we have a lot of fun. My older brother is also thinking of dressing up as Howl, maybe we will have to do a little costume photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! Your music selections are on point:) Also everything about this post is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Michaela! You can thank Pandora for my music selections. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness! This is such a lovely collection of things. I am so thankful for the rest autumn brings. ♥ p.s. can't wait to see your new Etsy selections!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why thank you, Adelaide! I can't wait for you to see them either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word this is all so lovely ❤️❤️
    First off, you're one of my very favorite Instagram people. Like ever.
    Also I haven't seem Brigadoon since 2012 probably, Ina whole other world. Your mention of it brought floods of memories back. Oh what a musical. I was not in a performance of it of course, but the film with Gene Kelly is the sun, moon AND stars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! I'm so glad that you're reading Mere Christianity! It's an amazing book! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Abigail! Thank you so very much! Yes, Brigadoon is a piece of magic. I have a feeling that it will be one of my favorite shows by the time it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It absolutely is! Thank you for reminding me to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always so great to hear from you, Rachelle! :) Your photography is so enticing.
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These photos are absolutely amazing. What camera do you use?
    http://beaudaily.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! I use an iPhone 6 for most photos and a Canon Rebel t4i for some.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear here if it is approved. Thanks!